Friday, August 31, 2012

I fought hard to become a footballer –Giroud

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has battled hard to achieve his goals in football and he believes his work ethic will be rewarded at Arsenal.


The France international made his full debut for Arsène Wenger’s side in Sunday’s goalless draw against Stoke and impressed with a combative display up front.

Giroud is yet to find the net for his new club but the powerful striker is confident he can follow up a prolific campaign in Ligue 1 with Montpellier.

“I’m aware of how lucky I am to be at Arsenal, so I will fully enjoy it and remember where I’ve come from,” Giroud told Arsenal Player. “I’m aware of the journey I’ve taken to get here and I’m proud of that.

“These experiences have made me who I am – I fought hard to become a footballer. I grew up everywhere I went, I took away something that made me grow up, I learned things and little by little I got better from my experiences. Now I hope I am able to express myself in the Premier League.

“There is much more rhythm in England in the Premier League, it’s more intense. There is more duelling because the referee allows it and there is more engagement, so there’s the physical aspect as well as the technical aspect that have to be taken into account.

“For me the Premier League is the best league and it has the best players, even if Barcelona and Real Madrid are the best in Spain. The Premier League is a very competitive league, so it involves a certain level of concentration at all times.”

Giroud will be expected to provide goals and the Frenchman insists that Arsenal’s style – comprising two wider players and a central striker – will help him adapt.

“It’s the same gameplan that we had at Montpelier and the same plan I played with in the French national team, with a No 10 like Cazorla behind me,” he said.

“It’s the same tactical plan I am used to so I am not lost, I know how to play with my partners and it’s just a little adjustment that is needed to make things automatic on the pitch.

“We will develop our understanding soon so I am not worried. We have good players and having the same tactics as Montpellier makes it easier for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...